Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Kicking Testicles

So, I've been reading a lot about the problems Dell has been facing of late. Sales have been down. CEO step down. CEO come back. So, to curve the latest Dell hatin' trends, Dell has been letting the customers make suggestions. I believe Dell might have expected people to ask for lower prices; maybe an English-speaking customer service staff. They might have found that they bit off a little more than they could chew, swallow, piss right away, and get pregnant as a result when they noticed too many people were demanding this; though, it may be awhile before wee see this type of deal set in stone. It sounds like a great idea to me, being the open source guy I am, but I don't know if I would buy a PC knowing I would only use this. I'd say, if anything, I'd get a Mac and dual boot it with this OS. However, Internet Explorer does seem like a fine browser, but anyone who has used Mozilla Firefox knows there is no comparison. I think it would be great to see PCs come packed with Firefox rather than IE. Either way, I think it's great to see a PC company move away from helping Microsoft create monopolies for itself. And these requests just show how people are looking for just that.


Google's newly released Google Apps., which has been predicted would have trouble competing with Microsoft's more expensive Microsoft Office applications, is showing some good early progress with replacing Microsoft Office in around 100,000 businesses. This is good despite the security (which is actually very good) and offline issues the applications face. Google will no doubt see much more business coming out of this as reluctant companies see more of what Google Apps can do. If you're the kind of person (and not a company) who sees this as some great shit, you can use the free version, Google Docs & Spreadsheets. If you're just looking for a word processor, you might want to check out Corel's new WordPerfect Lightning. If you've never used WordPerfect before, it's a lot like Microsoft Word, but with many more helpful features and will proofread your work like nobody's business. I haven't use the new Lightning version yet, but you go ahead, and I'll just assume it's good. Keep in mind it's still in beta.


This week in stupidity:

Fox News has created its own conservative answer to Comedy Central's "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart." The show seems to be doing very poorly due to its audience and the fact that the producer doesn't seem to have ever seen "The Daily Show."

I used to think my Wii was a harmless thing. Other people seemed to think so, too. It was even making decent sales. All of that ended when the Christians showed up.

If you use e-mail, blogs, or anything, please watch out for this.


I've been looking back on my blog for the past twenty seconds, wondering what has happened. Things didn't used to be this way. It didn't take me long to realize that the fact is, all I ever do is fuck and read the news. I realize my lack of readers don't want to hear about my huge, black dick in some bitches ass, so I bring you the news that is important to me. Because, that is all there is left.

Anyway, how are you guys? It's been awhile since we last talked. I'm doing well. I went to the funeral home a few hours ago to see my good friend, Jake. He didn't say a lot.

I got a couple of movies tonight. I'm about to watch one of them. House of 1,000 Corpses, I'd say. I heard it's good.


You guys know any good books out there? I've got plenty of ideas, but I would like some more.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I went to the funeral home a few hours ago to see my good friend, Jake. He didn't say a lot.--- Oh dude, thats so wrong. lol.

M. said...

slate made fun of that half hour news hour show on their site. is it supposed to be that bad?

Chris Reeve is a good friend of mine. said...

If it's modeled after Weekend Update, I can't imagine it being any good. The article makes it sound like the producer doesn't really know what he's doing. Still, I'd like to see it myself. It might turn out to be decent. Who knows.

 
Clicky Web Analytics