Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Goddamn Aardvark. You Funny, Girl.

So, I've been using Aardvark since it was acquired by Google, and it's been working out really well so far.  I can honestly say it is way better that Yahoo! Answers.  What Aardvark does is, instead of having you come to its website to browse through questions you might know the answer to, it actually has you list topics you know a lot about, and when someone has a question about one of your topics, Aardvark sends the question to you in an email, and you simply respond if you have an answer.  Aardvark has always given me good questions in the past, but I got a question on easter that made me scratch my head.  What had happened was, I had previously allowed Aardvark access to my Facebook account, and as a result it was able to crawl my profile to pick up on other things I might know about.

From Aardvark:


Hi Blaire,
Nate just asked a question I think you might be able to answer. 
pic
What is a good live flowering plant to buy a mother for Easter? That can be found quickly
Nate G. 36 / M / San Francisco, CA

To answer, just reply to this email.
If I don't hear from you soon, I'll ask someone else -- but you can answer anytime. 
- Aardvark

Now, I don't know much about flowers other than the fact that that's where we get vanilla. I had to look at the bottom of the email to find out what had given Aardvark the idea that I was a good person to ask on this subject. "I sent you this question because you have *Taking my clothes off in church* in your profile."  Good call, Aardvark.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics